Has shouldered many senior level administrative positions in universities in India as well as abroad.
- A few notable assignments include: Dean – Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Devi Ahilya University, Indore,
- Member – Executive Council, Devi Ahilya University, Indore,
- Coordinator – International Exchange Program, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Deputy Director – GameLAB, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Currently – Dean – Research and Development, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, Member - Board of Governors of IIT Indore, and Member – Advisory Board, ITM University, Gwalior (M.P.)
- Director, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
Significant Service :
(With Effect From: 28th June 2013)
- Director – Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur (Maharashtra State)
(Immediate Past: 2011- June 2013)
- Dean – Research and Development, Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (w.e.f. Oct., 2010 till 15th June 2013).
- Member, Governing Board, Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (w.e.f. May, 2010 – Dec. 2012).
- Member (External), Academic Council, Rajiv Gandhi Proudiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV), Bhopal (w.e.f. Oct. 2011).
- Member, Academic Council,Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (w.e.f. April, 2011).
- Member, Academic Council,Shri G.S. Institute of Technology and Science, Indore (w.e.f. April, 2010).
- Member – Advisory Council, ITM University (State University – M.P.), Gwalior (w.e.f. June, 2011).
- Member – Advisory Committee (area: Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technolgy), IPS Institute of Technology & Engineering, Indore (w.e.f. June, 2011).
- Member, Executive Board, Zeal Education, Indore (w.e.f. March, 2010).
- Member, Advisory Committee, Swami Vivekanand College of Engineering (SVCE), (ISO 9001:2008 Certified Institute), Indore (w.e.f. January, 2010).
- Member, Board of Studies (Subject: Computer Science and Engineering), Devi Guru Ghasidas University, Bilaspur (Chhattisgarh).
- Member, Board of Studies (Subject: Computer Science and Applications), A.P. S. University, Rewa (M.P.).
- Member, Board of Studies (Subject: Computer Science and Applications), Samrat Ashok Technological Institute (SATI), Vidisha (M.P.). (2011 –till date)
- Member, Accreditation Committee for M.E./M.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering, and Information Tecfchnology) programs, Rajiv Gandhi Technological University, Bhopal. (2011-1013)
- Member, Accreditation Committee for DOEACC programs, Dept. of Electronics, Govt. of India, New Delhi
- Member, Executive Council, Devi Ahilya University, Indore (1996-1998).
- As Dean, Faculty of Engineering Sciences, Devi Ahilya University, Indore, I was responsible for initiating and establishing the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) in 1995-1998. The institute (website: http://www.iet.dauniv.ac.in/) currently offers bachelor, master as well as doctoral level programs in Engineering and has intake of more than 360 students per year.
- Dy. Director – gameLAB, SCE, NTU (3 Yr Term: 2006 to 2009). Special note: M.Eng. (Game Development) program supported by gameLAB is funded by a Company TQ Global from Oct. 2006. The company currently gives scholarship (@S$2000 per student per month) to 20 M.Eng (By research) students.
- Coordinator – International Student Exchange Program (INSTEP) (School of Computer Engg.): (3 Yr Term: July 2002 to July 2005).
- Coordinator – Global Immersion Program (GIP) (School of Computer Engg.): (From Feb. 2004 to July 2005).
- As a Co-ordinator, Master of Science (Computer Science) program from 1988 to 2000, I was responsible for academic administration of program funded by Ministry of Defense, Govt of India. As a result of this program, eleven batches (each batch with approx 40 participants) of Computer Scientists were trained and awarded Master’s Degree in Comp Science, after which they were absorbed at the level of Scientist B in various Defense labs in India.
- As an Invited Expert at North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (M.S.) (1992-1995):Helped Prof N.K. Thakre, NMU's founder Vice Chancellor, for the establishment of theDepartment of Computer Science and Computer Centre by way of preparing the proposalsfor attracting the initial grant and posts for Comuter Centre like Head, System Analyst,Technical Assistant, steno, two Students Assistants and also grant of about Rs. 50 Lacs in theyear 1993-94 from UGC, New Delhi for establishment of Computer Centre.
- Reviewer (External) (April-May 2009): of Research proposals in the Leaders Opportunity Fund (LOF), Canada Foundation for Innovation, Ottawa, Canada (The LOF is designed to assist universities to attract and retain the very best of today’s and tomorrow’s researchers. The awards are given to the research faculty of universities for enabling the leading research faculty to conduct cutting-edge research and research training: more details on the website http://www.innovation.ca/. Note: Canada Foundation for Innovation is the Corporation created by Govt. of Canada to fund research Infrastructure.)