Prof. Geetha Bali
Asutosh Mookerjee Fellow
Chairperson, Board of Governors
- Prof. Bali graduated from the Banglore University and obtained Phd. in the field of Neurophysiology. She carried postdoctoral research at the Neuroscience Centre, NIH, Bethesda, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, College Park, MD., USA and J.W. Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Prior to her appointment as the Vice Chancellor of Karnataka State Women's University, Bijapur, she served as Professor and Head, Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology, Coordinator, Center for Clean Environment Technology which was founded by her and Coordinator, Bioinformatics facility established by her at Bangalore University. She served as Coordinator, Indo-US interactions at Bangalore University, and was responsible for establishing strong linkages between Bangalore University, Karnataka State Women’s University and various institutions abroad.
- She was awarded the Young Scientists' career award by the UGC, IFAS scholar by the University of Florida Gainesville, USA and Star News National B School award 2011.
- She was a Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany and continues to collaborate with institutions in Germany. She was appointed as a Fellow of Salzburg Seminar, Austria. She is also a Fellow of the National Academy of Science, India.
- As Vice Chancellor of the Karnataka State Women's University, Prof. Geetha Bali has Implemented a number of innovative programs including the establishment of "Koushalya Women's Technology Park", the only one of its kind in any Indian University, with a variety of facilities serving as awareness creating, skill training and research centers as well as business incubators enabling rural women to develop entrepreneurship and benefit from science technology. The women’s University won many national and international awards and recognitions under her leadership.
- She served as the 99th General President of the Indian Science Congress Association and is a recipient of Sir Asutosh Mookerjee Fellowship of ISCA.